• Its a two player cooperative puzzle game in which one player focuses on First Person Shooter gameplay, while the other focuses on puzzle solving and management.
Both players will have to work together in order to complete the game and escape from the lab. This was group project with a team 18 people including me.
What did I learn?
• I learnt about how to make game design documents, grey boxing levels, using Jira, meshing rooms, making mood boards, using Confluence and working with other team members.
• Learn how to work in a team.
• Improve game design and level design skills.
• Improve VFX skills.
• Improve managing skills.
Challenges faced and how I overcame them.
• Designing a maze with moving doors.
Fix: I took feedback from all my colleagues and made some new iteration on the bases of the old and came with the final design that everyone loved.
• Making a particle effect for electric gun projectile.
Fix: I researched about weapon that charge up. Picked a design, made many different variations of it.
Then I took feedback from all my colleagues and made some new iteration on the bases of the old and came with the final design that everyone loved.
• Designing the puzzle for chemistry room.
Fix: Designed the initial idea for puzzle gave it to a junior. Gave them the feedback on the design and started making new iteration with them
while having their design as the base and making something that was fun and gave more players more freedom to play.
• Muzzle flash for rifle gun not disappearing.
Fix: Changed the particle effects location and the particle state.
• Doors rotating in wrong direction.
Fix: Tested all doors and entered the right value in their rotation variable.
• Player UI not updating.
Fix: It was a problem with wrong variable being connected.
• Player floating in the air.
Fix: Fix player collisions.
• AI attacking animation too slow and attack time to early.
Fix: Increased the animation speed and delayed the event that fired when player gets hit.
• Muzzle flash for electric gun not disappearing.
Fix: Problems were in particle effect's size, spawn rate, color, design and material. Made changes in these places started working.